Sunday, August 27, 2006

He went home to get it

Thank you, Wolverine, it's been brilliant.

I don't usually do this sort of thing, but I cruised over to meganslaw.ca.gov the other day and purused the list of sex offenders living in my area. There were WAY more than I thought there would be. I guess it doesn't matter, I mean, not really. I think there are probably scarier people in all our neighborhhods than those little blue squares would indicate, but it is VERY strange to see them mapped out. I don't know how to describe it really. If you're up to it, check it out, and perhaps we could discuss what any of it means.

It's been an interesting few days. I had Senagalese food for the first time. It was quite delicious, though the company may have been even better. Scratch that, it definitely was. But the food was good. And I got eaten alive by mosquitoes, though this is common for us fair-haired types. But my step-mom is concerned I might have West Nile Virus. I tried to tell her I'm nearly invincible. Upon reading that again, it looks as if I got eaten alive WHILE eating Senagalese food. Not true. Two separate occasions.

Anyone familiar with Asbury Park? I met a New Jersey native who filled me in on a few of the details, of how it got where it is now. I haven't really found a definitive place to send you to get the background, but if you aren't familiar, it basically went from being akin to Coney Island to a place famous for its narcotics. Not exactly what you the city planners were looking for. But she said when Jersey closed many of its mental hospitals, the patients went there. Things sort of went down hill from there. But it's a place with cool architecture and a "creepy" aesthetic. You know, don't go there at night or anything.

Talk to you all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home