Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The crickets have spoken...

Someone tell the world to kill itself
Blow itself to smithereens for all I care

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u5BkZ_f4DXw
I really, really wanted to mock this video. Ultimately, it was worth watching once. Very cool visual effects PLUS (guitarists take notice) one of the coolest, most understated rock moves I've ever seen.

I finally saw Little Miss Sunshine (yes, after putting it on my top 5) and can safely say it belongs firmly atop the list. I'm stunned by how good Brick and LMS were. In the same year? After a constant parade of shit for so long? I tip my hat to both crews, and hope we never face each other in a dance off. You can ask Polaris this; when a movie gets me to speak, some shit is going down. In a good way.

Now we cross our fingers on Idlewild. The bar has been set extremely high and I''m not even sure they were trying to make a movie that would compete in that way. But much like I did with Garden State, I am attaching a lot to it. And much like Garden State, I will probably be severely disapointed. "Good luck exploring the infinite abyss....."......you have got to be fucking kidding me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home