Saturday, September 02, 2006

Marshland

Hey all.

I'm realizing this space would greatly benefit from some pictures. I need to get on that, right away.

In other news, I think I may be incredibly sunburnt. Sunburned? Does the fact that it's my flesh which has been burned change the end of that word? I don't know these things and am also far too lazy to look them up.

I miss a certain friend of mine. He's very faraway and this time of year always makes me miss him. We were big into football. I guess back in high school, especially towards the end, we spent a lot of time, generally up to no good. I remember the night his mom died he came over to work on this math project we had to do and just couldn't do it. I told him not to worry about it and ended up doing the project. It was such a small thing, and our teacher wouldn't have cared given the circumstances, but it felt good to be able to do something practical for someone in so much pain. Kind of a selfish thought I guess, and I don't normally get nostalgic for high school. But it's Saturday morning, so I'm not going to question it.

Though I think I may have heard of it once before in my life, I read a sterling review of 'The Wire'. I guess it was a show on HBO? But Bill Simmons over at Page2 was raving about that and the 'Kicking & Screaming' DVD. Related to that, I'm glad no one who mentions that movie feels the need to differentiate it from the Will Ferrell bomb of the same name. Even though I just did. Shit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i do actually as well. i usually say "noah baumbach's kicking and sceaming". sad, but i've mentioned the movie and had people follow up on it and really question my taste in films because they thought i meant the soccer comedy bomb. i did not.

also the dvd is really good. since i effing love that movie. it came in the mail and was sitting down the stairs from me when i opened my door in the morning. remember however that i live on the third floor. meaning it was set at the doorway on the second floor that faces towards my door. not like it was delivered to those other people but like delivered so it would stare lovingly at me from down the stairs. so good.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home