Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Piece everything together


Check out this sweet project I almost forgot to tell you about. I had way too much fun with this. This thing was a terrible brown color before I got my hands on it. Now it's a terrible yellow. I plan more projects of similar nature, just because the process was so fun, all the way from procurement to completion. In this case, sitting.
It has been an odd Halloween. I dressed as a cowboy, complete with a little girls cowboy hat. I even galloped. So there.

It was also my very first 'Een in Alameda. This place gets more wonderful by the day. There were SO many kids partaking in the traditional festivities. I was a little disappointed in the costumes, but I haven't seen this many trick or treat-ers in 10 years. Or more. Since I was a kid. And they've stayed out late, too. It's 9ish and there are still a few stragglers. I'm impressed. But who knew all the Halloween fans moved here?

Heroes is a fantastic show. It's probably too far into the season to catch up, but anyone who stuck through the first 2 or 3 episodes has been rewarded. It's funny, but it dawned on me today that Joss Whedon really ruined broadcast television for me. If I'm going to like a show, I expect it to at least approach Buffy and Angel levels, but the reality of that is pretty unlikely. So I'm sticking with Heroes for a while. Hopefully it will continue to get better.

I quit my job. Got another one. Not very exciting.

Check out this sweet project I almost forgot to tell you about. I had way too much fun with this. This thing was a terrible brown color before I got my hands on it. Now it's a terrible yellow. I plan more projects of similar nature, just because the process was so fun, all the way from procurement to completion. In this case, sitting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good job all around. Joss Whedon saved television by making it not okay to be okay with bad television. And by reminding us that what we thought was bad television was actually a limitless and as yet untapped resource (ie the soap opera as genre).

Nice chair.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home