Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Live every week like it's shark week

I’m over microwaves. I spent way too much money on one right after I moved in, and following the discovery that I can’t actually plug it in without unplugging the fridge, have used it exactly twice. I’m done with it. The final straw was today when I warmed up soup in the micro at work, but found the inside of the device unpleasantly warm. It was just sitting there. And its insides were hot. That ain’t right.

I need to stop falling asleep at lunch. Bad habit. Bad, bad habit.

About the job switch. It never felt right from outset. I'm not really into auras and stuff, but the "vibe" was ALL wrong. It's a little scary, because I don't know that the switch is going to fix that. It does give me a mental cushion to explore some other options, which I desperately need. I need to stop being so tired. Of course, part of my malaise is my diet, and part if a lack of regular exercise. But this soul crushing job has a lot to do with it as well. The reaction has been pretty consistent. Shock, then acceptance. Most folks are glad I'm not going to stay somewhere I hate. Explaining why I hate it is a whole other matter. People in such a beauracratic environment don't typically respond well to words like "soul-crushing". They tend to deal more in absolutes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ciana said...

i am proud of you sean!!!

by the way, i think you mean "a whole nuther". i thought you'd be more up-to-date on the english language.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home